My Favourites From 2019

This will be my last blog post of 2019. I've decided to take the rest of the year off from blogging to enjoy the Christmas build up and holiday. I'll be back on the 1st January 2020 with more recipes from around the world.

Until then here's a look back at my favourite recipes from 2019.


Greece - Gigantes Plaki


Back in February I made this bowl of beans and we loved it. Delicious, warming and filling it's perfect for a cold February day. Topped with salty feta and in a thick tomato sauce, I'll be making these bad boys again now the weather has turned cold.


Hungary - Lángos

  
In March I made these versatile mini Hungarian fried dough discs. They can have a variety of toppings so maybe I'll make them again and try out some different ones. The fried dough is the star of this dish, crispy and delicious! 


Italy - Cannoli


I impressed myself in May by making these Italian Cannoli. They turned out much better than I'd hoped and were enjoyed by all. It might be time to get my cannoli forms out again for another batch.


Japan - Curry Udon Noodles


These Udon Curry Noodles might be the messiest food I've ever eaten. But worth it! The katsu curry flavour along with the soft smooth noodles is a perfect match. We loved this dish.

 
Korea - Dakgangjeong


This Korean version of Popcorn Chicken is delicious and incredibly moreish! It's hard to stop eating it. The sauce is sticky and covers the chicken completely. I'd love to try this again with rice and make a meal of Korea's popular street snack.


Netherlands - Hutspot met Klapstuk


Maybe the best thing about this dish was I got to have it all to myself. JD was in America and the kids were at their Dad's. Slow cooked brisket shredded on top of mashed vegetables with a brisket gravy. It was a beautiful, simple dish and I enjoyed every mouthful.



Well, that's all from me for 2019. Have a good Christmas, enjoy the food and I'll see you in 2020!

Comments