USA: My Favourites from the 50 States

After almost a year of eating foods from every one of the American States I can say that the food is wonderfully diverse but a lot of it is hearty and satisfying! We've enjoyed 'visiting' each and every state and trying some of their most popular dishes. 

This post highlights our favourites:

Carne Adovada from New Mexico - Tons of spice but still delicious. A real depth of flavour that fills your mouth with each bite. We loved this one.

Chicken Fried Steak from Oklahoma - I'm not a huge fan of steak as a rule but this dish reminds me of visiting JD's family in America a few years ago. It's popular in many states and I can see why. Fried steak with a crunchy bite to the outside, it's delicious!


Chicken Bog from South Carolina - The first dish from America in this collection and quite possibly the best. Chicken and smoked sausage in a spicy mix of rice and broth. It's hearty, warming and fills your soul with joy.


Patty Melt from Nevada - I love burgers and I'm also quite fond of sandwiches too, so this combination was sure to be a winner for me. It's a ridiculously chunky, meaty filling but it works so well. The swiss cheese and onions make it perfect for an indulgent lunch of Kings (and Queens)!


Chicken Riggies from New York - I love a good pasta dish and this is one of the best I've had. Riggies is short for Rigatoni, a type of pasta that in this dish is mixed with chicken and peppers then spiced up with chillis and brought together with double cream. It's everything you want in a comforting bowl of food and more.

Sadly the American dream has come to an end and I'll be moving on to sampling some Street Foods from around the world. Watch this space if that takes your fancy as much as it takes mine :)


Comments