Argentina - Bunuelos de Espinaca

Time for the last Argentine recipe for now. Bunuelos de Espinaca (spinach fritters) seem like a great side dish. I've not always been a fan of spinach but I am now. We've enjoyed it in our breakfast eggs for ages. I'm looking forward to a new way to eat spinach.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bag frozen spinach (defrosted for 2 hours)
1 small onion
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs




In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper.


 Chop up the spinach.


 Stir in the remaining ingredients including the spinach.


Heat some oil in a pan and fry spoonfuls of the mixture until crispy. Drain on some kitchen paper before eating.



These were lovely. You can just pick them up and eat them, they have a nice crisp outide while still being a bit soft in the middle. Apparently they're good cold too but we didn't have any left to test that out. They'd make a great side, snack or lunch box item. I'm impressing myself with my dedication to eating spinach these days!

Coming up next - 5 recipes from Brazil x

Comments