Lebanon - Kafta

However it's pronounced (Kafta, Kofte, Kufte) I've always been a fan of this spiced meat dish. Many countries have a similar dish. Lebanon has it's own version made from beef, onion, parsley and spices. Which is what I'll be making today.


Ingredients:

1 package beef mince
1 onion
30g parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper


Put the minced beef in a bowl and add all the spices. Chop the parsley and throw that it too. Grate the onion (watch your fingers!) and add it to the mix.


Squish it all together with your hands until it's well combined.


Split into four and put a quarter on each skewer. I did a more flat shape for mine because it makes it easier to cook.


Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the kafta until done. I used my pan lid to steam the kafta to make sure they were cooked throughout.


Serve the kafta with flatbreads, sliced cucumber and some yoghurt.


Wow! I don't know if it's this particular spice combination but Lebanese Kafta is the best kofta/kafta/kufta (delete as appropriate) I've ever had. It's so delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed it with the yoghurt on top. This recipe is so versatile, it'd be great as burgers or meatballs too. Perfect for a barbecue. I'm just here thinking of other times I can eat this. Yum!

Comments