Korea - Samgyupsal

Samgyupsal is a grilled pork belly dish often cooked at the diners table in Korean restaurants. Translated to English the name is Three Layer Flesh referring to the skin, fat and meat of pork belly. I really like this cut of meat so I'm happy to try this Korean gui (grilled dish).



Ingredients:

Korean Barbecue Sauce
Sliced Pork Belly


Pour two-thirds of the sauce onto the pork belly. Cover and leave to marinade for several hours.




Grill the meat until crispy. It's as simple as that :) Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce.


This was delicious! The barbecue sauce had caramelised on the pork giving it a lovely sweet barbecue flavour. Belly pork might be my new summer barbecue favourite. I love it already because it's cheap but really flavourful. I often slow cook it though so this method makes a nice change. Simple to make and soooo tasty, winner!

Comments