Italy - Cacciatore

Cacciatore translates as 'Hunter' named because the food is easily prepared in one pot hunter style. I picked a slow cooker recipe to make today as I'm going on a walk with my daughter, Leigh and I know I'll want an easy meal to finish off later. You can serve this dish with any pasta, I chose spaghetti because it's my guy's favourite.

Ingredients:

  • 500g chicken
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 
  • 2 can tomatoes
  • 1  red bell pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning


Slow cookers are a wonderful thing. Dump the chicken in the slow cooker. Chop the onion and bell pepper then throw them in too. Add the tinned tomatoes, balsmaic and seasonings. Cover and cook on Low for about 6-8 hours.


Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Lay out on a large platter.


 Cover the spaghetti in chicken and sauce. Serve immediately.

  
Such a simple recipe with such a delicious taste! The sauce is lovely and thick with a sharp flavour through it from the balsamic vinegar. The chicken was falling apart and soft to eat. We really enjoyed this meal and I can see us making it again as it's so easy.
  

Comments