France - French Toast

Or Pain Perdu (lost bread) in French. It's called lost bread because you typically use old stale bread that otherwise would be 'lost' or not used. I've made French Toast before but I'm going to revisit it here using seeded bread. It's a nice easy recipe that makes a delicious snack or breakfast.

Ingredients:

4 slices bread
20g butter
2 tablespoons sugar
300 ml milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt



Mix together the egg, salt, sugar and vanilla.


Add this to the milk and whisk well.


Melt the butter in a frying pan and then add the bread.


Fry for two minutes then flip them and fry for two minutes more.


I served my French Toast with whipped cream and berries.


This was great! We all enjoyed it except Erin who thought it was gross. Buttery, sweet, fried bread...what's not to love?

I've really enjoyed the French recipes once we got past the Tartiflette nastiness. I'm looking forward to making some foods from Greece next.

Comments