Estonia - Liver With Sour Cream

I know it's not a popular opinion but I really like liver. I'm interested to try having it a different way from the usual liver and bacon stew I normally have.

Ingredients:

1 package liver
2–3 tablespoons butter
250 g sour cream
 ½ teaspoon of salt
black pepper



Cut up the liver into bite-sized pieces. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the liver. 




Fry for about 10 minutes. Add the salt & pepper and the sour cream. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice or cous cous.




This was a pleasingly easy dish to make. It has simple flavours but the liver is quite distinctive. I really enjoyed it, the sour cream made a lovely sauce with the butter and liver cooking juices. Yum!

Comments

  1. I learned of this 10y ago from an Estonian housemate, can confirm it is delicious. Especially on toast with dill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment