Argentina - Chimichurri

This versatile sauce is used on grilled meat as a marinade before cooking, as the meat cooks or as a condiment to spoon over meat before eating. It has a lot of strong ingredients so I feel curious how it will taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup parsley
  • 3-4 cloves garlic
  • 2 small red chilies
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 level teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper


I thought I had red wine vinegar but I didn't so the most common substitute is lemon juice. This recipe is to basically just chop everything up real tiny and combine it. Let it rest for 30 minutes or so before you use it so everything blends well together.



We ate our chimichurri spooned over a grilled turkey steak. It's completely a coincidence that the turkey steak is shaped a bit like a dinosaur. We don't buy them like that.

This sauce is powerful. Strong flavours meld together to make a really fresh, punchy taste. I really liked it. I'd like to try it on some other meats too. It'd be perfect at a barbeque. Easy to make and gives a lot of flavour.
 

Comments