The Best and Worst Foods

Over the 5 years I've been doing this blog I often get asked (twice now) which food has been my favourite, so I thought I'd make a post with exactly that information.

Behold, my best 10 and worst 2 recipes from around the world:

The Netherlands - Stamppot

A lovely big pile of mashed mixed vegetables with delicious smoked sausage on top, what's not to love.


 Czech Rebublic - Smažený sýr

My first time making fried cheese, I loved the soft texture and saltiness of this dish.

 



There's a part of this recipe where you press the tortilla wrap into a frying pan of eggs and they magically stick to the wrap. Such a clever idea that works perfectly.


 Jamaica - Corned Beef and Cabbage

 I love corned beef and this dish is great with rice or even greater with mashed potatoes.

 

 Belize - Garnaches

I loved how versatile this street food is, we had several different toppings but there's lots more I'd love to try.


Kiribati - Te Bua Toro Ni Baukin

This dish was a big surprise because as we were making it it looked gross, turns out it's delicious! 

 

 Hungary - Hungarian Goulash

Delicious thick, tasty stew. A classic.

 

Norway - Svinekoteletter

We've had this simple, low ingredient count dish several times since we first made it and I can see us making it many more times. 

 

Tuvalu - Coconut Tuna

A nice light dish that looked great and tasted even better. 

 

And now for the worst foods known to woman

 

Estonia - Banana Curry Soup

This dish is just wrong, don't be tempted to try it at home!

 


Liberia - Sweet Potato Pone

If you've ever read (or watched) The Raft - a short story by Stephen King where college students get eaten by a malevolent black oily sludge on a lake - then you'll know exactly what to expect from this dish. 

And that's it, all the best and worst foods from the last 5 years, 7 months and 15 days. I hope you enjoyed seeing all the foods I've made. I mostly enjoyed eating them. :)


Comments