Myanmar - Burmese Tofu Salad

Myanmar was formally known as Burma and is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia. I picked this recipe because I've only had tofu once before and I wanted to try it a different way.

Ingredients:

1 package of tofu
3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt


Toast the sesame seeds in a pan until golden and fragrant.


 Cut the tofu into cubes.


 Mix the vinegar, oil, salt and fish sauce in a bowl making sure it's well combined.


 Add everything together including the shredded coriander leaves too.


The taste of the sauce made to mix into the tofu is lovely. Nice and sharp and fresh. I also really liked the toasted sesame seeds which gave a tiny crunch to the salad. The texture of the tofu is something I can't get past though. It's too soft and mushy and even though the taste of the dish was nice I couldn't enjoy the tofu salad because of the weird feeling of tofu in my mouth. I bravely finished my portion only to spot that JD had left most of his! I don't blame him though *shudder* Sorry Myanmar, it's not for me.

Comments