Ethiopia - Beef Tibs

This is an Ethiopian dish of sauteed meat and vegetables known as tibs. It looks really spicy!

Ingredients:

* Beef
* Oil
* Salt
* 1 tomato
* 1 onion
* 1 green chili pepper
* Berbere

Berbere is a spice mix used in Ethiopia. You can find a substitute recipe on Wikipedia. I've found many variations of ingredients so choose one you like the look of.



Combine the spices.



Cut the beef into small cubes.



Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the spice mix and rub all over the beef. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.



Cut up the onion and tomato and saute in 2 tablespoons of oil until soft.



Add the beef with the chopped chili pepper and saute until cooked. Serve with a salad and some bread if desired. I chose some cooling cucumber.



Wow, it was spicy. The small pieces of beef were really hot. It was tasty but it needs to be served with rice or something to diffuse the heat. I love how this dish looks though!

Comments

  1. thank you!

    although, i consider myself quite the international cook, knowing a lot of lesser known dishes from all corners of the globe - you have introduced me to a lot more. i've bookmarked a heap and look forward to cooking them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lin, that's why I started this blog to try different foods and expand my cooking range. I'm glad you've got some inspiration too, thanks for your comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment