Israel - Hummus

I've read that hummus is as popular in Israel as peanut butter is in the US. It's served with most meals and children often take it as a school lunch. I've never tried it but I love chick peas so I'm curious to try it.

Ingredients:

* 1 can of chick peas
* 5 tbls of tahini
* 2 tbls lemon juice
* 2 garlic cloves
* olive oil
* pine nuts
* salt



Put the chick peas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt in a blender.



Blend until the mixture resembles a smooth paste. Add more lemon juice or some water if it seems too thick.



Spoon out into a bowl.



Garnish with oil and pine nuts. Then eat with pieces of pitta bread or some chopped carrot or cucumber. Whatever you like really.



Wow, this was delicious. I tried it with pitta bread, tortilla chips and cucumber and it was fantastic with everything. I can't believe I've never made this before. I'm definitely going to make it again, I don't think I'll get my kids taking it for lunch though!

Comments