Ecuador - Ceviche

I decided to make a Prawn Ceviche since I'm wary of prawns usually but I've decided to give them another try!

Ingredients:

* 500g of prawns
* 1 cup lemon juice
* 1 cup orange juice
* ½ cup ketchup
* 1 tbls mustard
* 1 tbls sugar
* 1 red onion
* 1 medium tomato
* coriander for garnish
* Salt and pepper to taste


Slice the onion and put it in a bowl with the orange and lemon juices for 30 minutes.



Put the onions and juices in a mixing bowl and add the tomato ketchup, mustard, sugar and chopped tomato and mix thoroughly.



Blanch the prawns for 2-3 minutes in slightly salted water.



Place the prawns in a serving dish.



Pour the onion mixture on top and chill for an hour.



Garnish with coriander and eat!



I was pleasantly surprised by this dish. I'm not usually keen on the texture of prawns but the citric juices had really softened them, so they weren't crunchy at all. The sauce was really tangy and fresh tasting. It felt like a really nice summer dish, all I need now is some sun to go with it!

Comments