Italy - Focaccia Bread

Onwards to Italy.  Back in 2013 I made Tiramisu because it was one of my kids' favourite desserts. I'm looking forward to sampling more Italian foods at home.

I've always enjoyed Focaccia bread but never made it myself. I'm curious to see how it turns out. Let's see!

Ingredients:

9 tablespoons oil
300g flour
1 tablespoon yeast
3 sprigs rosemary
seasalt



Put 6 tablespoons of oil in a bowl and add the rosemary leaves. I set Leigh off doing that for me while I made the dough.


Put the flour, yeast, remaining oil and 1 teaspoon of seasalt in a bowl. Slowly add 175ml of water and stir to make a dough.


Oil your kitchen surface and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.


Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise for 1 hour.


When it has risen punch it back down and shape it into a large rectangle. Let it rise again for 30 minutes.


Place on an oiled baking tray. Use your finger to poke dimples in the bread. Put the oil and rosemary on the dough letting the oil pool in the dimples. Sprinkle with more seasalt flakes.


Bake in an oven at 220 C for 20 minutes. Serve while still warm.



Ooh, it was delicious! Salty and oily in taste, also soft inside with a nice crust to it. We all enjoyed it. especially Erin, who loves when I make fresh bread. It was easier to make than I expected so it could become a regular on our tea table.

Comments