Italy - Tiramisu

I wasn't sure what to make for Italy as I already love Italian food. Which means I've already made (and eaten) my fair share of Italian dishes. One of my kids' favourite desserts is Tiramisu so I decided to treat them to some homemade by me. I can't stand the taste of coffee so I'll have to rely on them to review it :)

Ingredients:
  • 250g mascarpone
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp Marsala, brandy or Tia Maria
  • 150ml strong coffee
  • 150ml single cream
  • 4 tbsp icing sugar
  • 16 sponge fingers
I excluded the alcohol since it was for my kids and just used regular coffee too.



Mix the mascarpone, cream, vanilla, icing sugar and 50ml of the cooled coffee.


I broke up some sponge fingers and placed them in the bottom of two glasses.



Then spooned on some of the cream mixture.



Then add another layer of sponge fingers. These ones have been soaked in coffee. You could soak both layers of sponge in coffee for a stronger taste.



Add a final layer of cream and then refridgerate for 20 minutes.



You can garnish it with cocoa powder or like me, grate some chocolate on top. I put the chocolate in the freezer to make it easier to grate.




I was pleased with how the cream mixture thickened in the fridge as I was worried how runny it seemed before that. The kids really enjoyed it judging by the empty glasses.



Leigh (13) 'I think it was very nice and I especially liked the cream. But I think that the coffee was a little too strong.'

Erin (10) 'It was really nice but I have nothing that is wrong.'

I'm happy with those reviews!

Comments