Italian Cities: Taranto - Bombette Pugliesi


This recipe seemed perfect for a person such as myself who tries to eat fairly low carb day to day. These bombettes (such a cute name) are flattened pork steaks with cheese tucked inside and then wrapped in bacon. I served ours with some mashed sweet potato and butternut squash.

The recipe I used if you want to try it

They were delicious. I had to use gruyere as a substitute for Caciocavallo but it worked well I think. As you cut into each bombette you get a lovely cross-section of the meats and cheese. So flavourful, a little crispy on the outside but tender and soft in the middle. A very easy but filling dish to put together. Make sure you have cocktail sticks handy before you start. I had a panicky moment before I found some at the back of a drawer. I hope you enjoy them!

Comments