Street Food - Pizzette

 


Who knew, there's a pizza variety we haven't tried yet! Tiny finger food pizzas. I already know this is going to be a hit with my family. We all like different toppings and this is the perfect way to please everyone. Made just like larger pizzas but much smaller, about 3 inches in diameter. You can make this as easy as you like, use bought pizza dough and ready made sauce if you want!

Makes 24 Pizzette

Pizza Dough:

360g plain flour

280ml warm water

2 tablespoons yeast

2 pinches salt


Marinara Sauce:

500ml passata

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon chilli powder

1 teaspoon garlic granules

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon black pepper


Cheese:

I used a mixture of mozzarella and grated cheddar


Toppings:

Basically anything you enjoy on pizza!

I used anchovies, red pepper, peppered salami, ham and sausage


Make up the pizza dough by mixing the ingredients and forming into a dough, adding a little more flour if needed. Knead for 5 minutes and leave to rise for an hour. Mix the marinara sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer until thickened.

To make each pizzetta take 1/24th of the dough and make it into a small round about 3 inches in diameter. I placed these on oven trays.


Dollop a spoonful of marinara sauce on each pizetta base and spread around to cover. Add some mozzarella on top of the sauce.


I then added some cheddar to each one then started adding toppings.


I baked them in the oven at 200 C for around 15 minutes, moving each tray to the top in turn every 5 minutes. Some of the toppings had hilariously slid off the tiny pizzas so needed readjusting!

A very simple recipe but so very enjoyable. The kids would never let me get away with anchovies on our weekly pizza so it was great to have it on my own pizzetta. We all enjoyed having the tiny pizzas and I think they looked great laid out on our chopping board. I'd love to try them freshly made on an Italian street in the winter. Lovely!

Comments