USA: Indiana - Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

 


Ooh boy, this looks like a good one! I bought a big jar of pickles this week and I've been having to keep an eye on JD so he doesn't eat them all as he's quite partial to a pickle. 

Ingredients:

4 bread buns

4 tenderloin pork steaks

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

1/4 teaspoon garlic granules

1/4 teaspoon onion granules

1/4 teaspoon oregano

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup breadcrumbs


Toppings:

sliced onion

sliced pickles

sliced tomatoes

lettuce

tomato ketchup

mayo

mustard


Whisk the egg and milk together in a bowl then add the herbs and spices. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl and you're ready to crumb the pork.


Dip the pork in the egg mixture on both sides and then place in the breadcrumbs turning so that the steak is well covered. Put on a plate ready to fry.



Heat some oil in a frying pan. I did mine about 3/4 inch deep. Fry the steaks for about 4-5 minutes each side but judge for yourself on their done-ness.


While the steaks are frying you can get the toppings ready. Slice up the tomatoes, pickles and onion then rip up some lettuce. When the pork steaks are cooked it's time to compile your sandwich. The toppings are down to preference. I had mayo on the bottom bun followed by lettuce and then the pork. I topped it with onion, pickles and mustard.



These sandwiches were amazing! I have to admit I missed a step by forgetting to toast the bread buns but despite this we were both very happy with how they turned out. The breaded pork was tender and easy to bite into giving a lovely crunch along with the soft pork underneath. I love the combo of pickles, mustard and onion, such a sour dance across my tastebuds. We'd definitely have these again but now I know how they taste would I pause to toast the bread buns next time? I'd like to think yes, but...

Comments