Uruguay - Revuelto Gramajo

This recipe seems unusual to me with it's use of eggs scambled with fries. I've never tried anything like it before so I'm looking forward to eating it. I'm making the traditional recipe a bit easier by using oven fries instead of frying  potatoes.

Ingredients:

1 bag oven fries
200g ham
100g bacon
1 onion
5 eggs
salt & pepper


Slice the onion and chop up the ham and bacon. Saute it in a pan until cooked/softened.


Break the eggs into a bowl/jug and whisk. Cook the fries in the oven.


Add the eggs and fries to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through.


Serve with a sprinkling of parsley and a splash of lemon juice to taste.


I really liked the look of this dish. It seems like a good hearty meal in one pan. JD really enjoyed it as he's quite the fan of different foods all mixed together. It's nice that it has ham and bacon in there with their tasty saltiness. I found it all a bit dry but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was very filling and comforting to eat.

Comments