Turkey - Cezerye

I have to admit I'm struggling right now to get ingredients for blog foods I want to make. I've had to rethink the recipes I do to make it a bit easier on myself. I like that it makes it a bit more of a challenge as long as things don't get TOO tricky! :)

This sweet consists of caramelised carrot and nuts rolled into a ball. Sounds intriguing.

Ingredients:

2-3 medium carrots
100g sugar
25g walnuts
1/2 cup water
25g desiccated coconut


Grate the carrots. I've discovered this way is a much easier way to use the grater instead of upright. maybe I've just been using it wrong all my life, who knows?


Put the grated carrot, water and sugar in a small pan and heat on a medium heat stirring until the liquid has disappeared.



Add the walnuts and cook for a further few minutes. Mash everything up with the back of a large spoon or ladle. Put in the fridge for about 2 hours.



Put the desiccated coconut in a small bowl and lay out your cases if using as it's about to get sticky!


Roll the mixture into small teaspoon sized balls and roll in the coconut. place in a case. They're ready to eat, hurrah!




This was a very unusual dessert which caused mixed feelings in the house. JD and I ate them and thought they tasted nice but had a very unusual texture. Erin said they tasted of disappointment but she's not a fan of vegetables. Val tried one and wasn't keen. They didn't really taste of carrot and had a sweet syrupy feel to them. I'm glad we tried them as it's like nothing I've had before. Worth a try though!




Comments