Switzerland - Slow Cooker Cheese Fondue

Fondue translates as 'to melt' and I'm not sure I've ever tried it. I don't have a fondue pot and was looking around to buy one when I discovered this slow cooker recipe instead. There are lots of ideas online as to what to dip in your fondue so it'll be fun to taste the different options.

Ingredients:

500g cheese (I opted for gruyere and cheddar)
1 tablespoon cornflour
3/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt & pepper

To dip:

salted crackers
bread
bread sticks
bell pepper
cucumber
cauliflower
brocolli
cheese cubes
apple
swiss meatballs


Grate the cheese and put your slow cooker on high.


Put all the grated cheese in the slow cooker and stir in the cornflour.


Next, stir in the wine, lemon juice, salt & pepper.


Cook on high for an hour but make sure you stir it every 15 minutes.




 Prepare all your foods ready to dip and serve.


I was pretty impressed with the taste of the fondue. I've said plenty times I don't like wine but the fondue was delicious! So moreish you can't help dipping and eating indefinitely. My favourite things to dip were bread chunks, cucumber sticks and some salty crackers. I'd like to have it again with different kinds of toasted bread. I'm quite the fan of fondue now! Very nice!

Comments