Nauru - Coconut Crusted Fish






Nauru is a small island off the coast of Australia. It's population was made up of 12 tribes which is why the flag has a 12 pointed star. Being an island they eat a lot of fish so I found this simple fish recipe from Nauru using just a few ingredients.


Ingredients:

Fish fillets of any kind
Breadcrumbs
Dried coconut
1 egg
2 limes
Oil for pan-frying



 Break the egg into a shallow bowl for dipping and beat well. Mix the breadcrumbs and coconut into another shallow bowl.


 Dip the fish in the egg on both sides and then dip in the breadcrumb mix on both sides until covered well. Set aside the the fish.


 

 Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the fish until cooked through and golden brown on top. I always expect the fish to break up because I've had some fish disasters in the past. Not this time though, hurrah!



 Squeeze lime over the fish before eating. Serve with a salad. Being British I couldn't resist having some chips with my fish. :D


The fish looked and smelled really appetising. It had a nice crunchy texture due to the coconut which I enjoyed. It had a very subtle taste, really fresh with the lime squeezed on top. It made me feel like it was food from a small, simple country who rely on the food they have close to them to eat. Erin didn't want to try it but Leigh did and seemed to enjoy it. Even encouraging me to try the skin because I'd left mine. She was right, it was delicious! An easy to make, tasty fish dish. :)

Comments